Impulse Springkler problem

I have one of those impulse sprinklers that rotate back and forth clockwise and clounter-clockwise The mechanism to make it go clockwise works fine But when the sprinklers reaches the stop to reverse it's direction counter-clockwise, the mechanism is stuck and the sprinkler stays at it's most clockwise position without reversing direction..

A gentle tap on the little arm that contols direction solves the problem But the sprinkler shoud be able to change direction without external "input"

What are the steps for diagnosing and solving the problem ? Is there a troubleshooting FAQ or URL for such sprinklers ?

TNX.

Reply to
<ThrowAwayAddress

Probably just increase the water pressure or replace the sprinkler.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Some have lifetime warranty, check with mfg. I have gotten a few replacements when I have had this problem. In lieu of that, see if you can take it apart, clean it with CLR (That alone may solve issue) then lube with plumbers grease, re-assemble and you should be all set.

Reply to
No