Improving a Condo's View To the Outside

Hi, I've got a condo that I'm fixing up to sell. Probably at least one reason I was able to buy it at a good discount was that the views from the inside looking out are VERY unappealing. Here's a description of the view at the rear of the unit looking out:
* From my particular condo's lower level sliding glass patio doors at the back of the unit, you look out and see almost nothing but the exterior walls (no windows!) of another condo building that is about 30 feet away. * You have a very similar view from my condo's second level bedroom window which is directly above this patio door. * Buildings in this complex are all two-level.
I'm not very imaginative when it comes to this kind of thing, but I also have a pretty good idea that it's probably not possible to fix the problem anyway. My re-sale price will reflect this. Still, I can't help hoping that maybe Gandolf is reading.
Ever seen the show "Monster House" on Discovery? They had a photo of Las Vegas at night printed on a 12' wide piece of translite plastic that was mounted above the bedroom windows, and would lower with an electric motor, along with a halogen light to backlight it. If it worked there, it'd work for you...at least upstairs? Just be sure to show the condo only at nite.

Maybe you could get the other condo owners to agree to allow you to paint a mural on the wall?

There is no way in hell the condo association would let you modify the facade of the building. The other building is not "owned" by anyone, it's owned by everyone. The only thing I think you could get away with is planting some shrubs to dress it up a little. For sure, this area is a "common area" and you would likely need permission to do so. If you are feeling lucky, go ahead and plant them anyway. It's probably unlikely they would make a stink of it. Maybe you could also get away with putting a trullus in about 2-3 feet away from the window and plant roses. A couple low voltage landscape lights to light it up at night would look great. I've heard of condo associations getting pissed off if you don't use a doorknob in the approved finish (brass vs. brushed aluminum). So, good luck. Other than that, keep the blinds closed, tint the windows, etc.

plants out there? Perhaps a rattan patio set, they are cheap and make a patio look cozy. Get people to focus on the extended living space potential outside the glass sliding doors rather than seeing just a boring brick wall.

No windows facing your patio door? Emphasize the "seclusion."

It's typically forbidden in most condo complexes to change anything outside the unit, especially landscaping.
[snip]

Thanks to all for the creative ideas! I especially liked the point to "emphasize the 'seclusion.'"
FYI, after posting my plea for help yesterday, I found this link to an article at newyorkmetro.com. The subheading reads, "Manhattan's top architects and designers offer inventive (and inexpensive!) solutions to the problems that most plague the New York City rental apartment." One of the six topics addressed is "BAD VIEW." New York is a far cry from my humble little town, but maybe it will still be useful to condo/townhome owners. Here's the link: http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/shopping/homedesign/features/n_9326 /
Thank you again for your help.
How about that relatively cheap plastic film "stained glass" that you attach to plain windows from the inside? Comes in Monet-like, "watery", geometric FLR or Art Deco design, etc etc. Check out the windows section of your nearest big hardware store. zemedelec