Improved faucet technology

In the old days, faucets would last decades. What a pain in the neck. When they finally failed it would take hours to separate the rusted faucet from the sink if it was even possible. But with improved technology, I am on my third kitchen faucet in my nine year old house. The first Delta started leaking early on and an error in the on-line instructions led me to destroy it while removing it for repair. So I replaced it with my old favorite Moen. That has gone about 4 years but started leaking. I called Moen and they told me the vacuum break was leaking and they would send me the part for free but the entire faucet needed to be removed and dissassembled to repair it so they offered to send me a new faucet for $49 which had been redesigned to eliminate the bad part. Obviously I went for that. So 3 faucets in 9 years. Isn't technology wonderful?

Reply to
Art

And every year or so you would have to futz with washers and seats.

Conversly I replaced my faucet in the bathroom with an American Standard ceramic disk faucet and I have had about 8 consecutive years of drip free service and have only had to knock the particulat mater from the screen about 4 times.

I have had zero problems with the simular faucets I have installed on my rentals.

Moen is good stuff also, but everything requires service of one sort or another from time to time.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf