Ikon 28t Combi Boiler

Can anyone help me. i have my combi boiler set to winter mode, and it has all been fine and dandy, however in the last couple of days, once the heating goes off there is no hot water. Last night i checked by turning the hot tap on in the kitchen and the ignite light, whatever is called did not ignite, hence no hot water. yet it ignites when the heating is on. Basically i only get hot water when the heating is on, but this is not normally the case, normally i have hot water as much as i want whether heating on or not. is it very poorly? Regards

Reply to
Joey24

Try posting to this group:

UK.D-I-Y

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

There is a sensor in the boiler which senses the domestic hot water is being used. In your case, it seems that sensor has failed.

You need to get a boiler repariperson to replace that sensor, and everything will be fine again. If you want to replace it yourself, get the docs on your boiler and sook in them to find how to replace the domestic hot water system sensor.

you most probably do not need a new boiler.

Rock

Reply to
Rock