Ikea Faucet adapter required

Recently purchased an Ikea faucet. After purchase I discovered that the hookup hoses use a 1/2" FIP nut with a flat washer. The instructions show an adapter that is needed to prevent leaks. (see page 8 of installation instructions)

They tell me to go to any local hardware store IE lowes, HD, Ace and purchase it. I have taken the hose to all of them and also to several plumbing supply stores with no success. None of them have idea where to purchase the shown adapter. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to get one?

Thanks,

Roanin

Reply to
Roanin

"Roanin" wrote in news:jhpkcb$vq3$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

My son's plumber went to a hardware store and got "stuff" as I'm told right now by them (son and wife are visiting with 2 kids HURRAY!!)

Reply to
Han

Roanin,

I don't see any "adapters" on pg. 8. There does seem to be a warning about using the wrong male connectors .You want MIP fittings to match your FIP fittings. Am I on the wrong page?

Dave M

Reply to
Dave M.

If you look at the pictures on the right lower part of the page is shows the correct MIP nipple and the wrong one. If you use the normal MIP nipple, it will cut the washer and leak. The wrong one is easy to find. The correct one has a bit of a flat surface for the flat washer to seal against much like a hose washer. I have been unable to find the correct one and of course, IKEA is no help at all.

Roanin

Take the incorrect fitting to any machine shop and have the end turned flat. It's not critical. Just needs to be flat and smooth. Ask around if any of your friends has a nice old lathe for a 5 minute job.

Joe

Joe

Reply to
Joe