Idiot Gas Cans

Page 1 of 2
I recall awhile back there was a thread about these so called ""safety gas cans". I had to buy one of these aggravating cans, and they are horrible at least. I put 4 gallons in a 5 gallon can, for my farm tractor, and it took me 22 minutes to pour these 4 gallons in the tractor. Whoever designed these cans should be SHOT! (Yea, I know it's mandated by the idiot government).....
I should nmention that on a farm tractor, I am holding the can over my head, and I was doing this in very cold weather. (((AND CUSSING)))!
Aside from removing the spout and using a funnel, is there some way to modify these cans? The old flexible metal spouts from the old gas cans do not fit the threads on these new cans).
On 3/26/2015 3:46 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Last year having displaced the extension needed to get the gas in my car, I removed the cans spout, elevated the can above the gas tank and siphoned the gas in.
These cans were designed to prevent spills if the can tips over but we all know you spill more gas when it blurps from the unvented can in using it.
I've often said that when the government official who mandated these cans dies and goes to hell that he should have to spend eternity using these cans.
Per Frank:

Anybody else old enough to remember the comic strip "Hatlo's Inferno"?
I bet Jimmy Hatlo would have done an entertaining strip on those things.
--
Pete Cresswell

And he should be the sole person responsible for filling all the gas tanks that provide all the HELL FIRE!!!!
On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 1:46:33 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Yes, see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:46:06 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote in

That's the only reasonable solution I have found.
On 3/26/2015 2:46 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Do not shop for a 'gas can'. Instead, you want to purchase an 'OSHA-approved metal safety container'. They're exempt from the EPA and CARB regs. Yeah, you'll pay more, but you'll get a quality can that actually pours like it should.
Example:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Isn't this a gas can with all the problems?
snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com writes:

He's out of office now.
:)

I found the one I have confusing at first, but now works fine.
But I'm not doing any farming.
I read that there are no regulations on metal gas cans. They're probably more expensive, but a metal can might make more sense on a farm.
--
Dan Espen

On 3/26/2015 4:43 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

Now we got Joe Biden? What happened to the idiot?

He became a third-rate painter.
On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:46:06 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

The funnel is the way to go. Rural King sells a nice one for about $5.
You can dump 5 gallons in about 30 seconds if it is a vented can, more like 45 seconds with the new unvented can.
I scour the garage sales for old cans ;-)
Per snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com:

It's probably wretched excess, but I have gone over to these things: http://tinyurl.com/oc5yf8l
The pouring ergonomics aren't great: they need a handle or some purchase on the bottom for tilting while pouring.
But the rest is really good: durability, pouring, sealing...
Just beware of look-alike imitations that lack things like the sprayed-in lining.
For a spout, I got these: http://tinyurl.com/okk5lbh
They work, but I wish I had gotten at least one of these: http://tinyurl.com/nzvmw5j
--
Pete Cresswell

I too, being as frustrated as all of you, finally purchased from Amazon a battery powered gas pump for about $15. It is a wand type device that you stick into the can with the cap off, the top has a flexible hose that you stick into the receptical (car, power equipment, etc) and flip the power switch. I usually pump 5 gallons in <4 minutes. It will even auto stop if it senses the recepticle is full.
On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 2:46:33 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I bought replacement spouts from
http://ezpourspout.com/compatible-cans/compatible-cans/
a couple of years ago. They work great.
Paul

I clicked on that link, and got the message saying "ERROR 403 We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /compatible-cans/compatible-cans/ on this server. You do not have permission to access this server."
On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 3:33:04 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I just tried on Chrome and IE-10 and both came through. Not sure why you got bounced.
Did anyone else try?
pli

Chrome works fine for me on an XT machine. Found a listing at Ace Hardware that is usspose to carry them locally.
On 03/30/2015 02:38 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

I got that page on Firefox.
BTW, the 5-gal cans I just bought at Wal-Mart are labeled Ameri-Can, and the EZ-Pour spouts (yellow caps) and vents fit fine on them.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 7:14:28 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote: .

Here's the kit: http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/spout-kit-for-old-gas-cans