Identify These Items

OK, what are they?
http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/distress.jpg
A back scratcher and massager for a rhinoceros?
The latest S&M gadgets?
What was used at Gitmo?
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Darn it, you guys are no fun, I wanted some imagination!
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

OK, I didn't look ahead to see any answers, but I'll say they are for making wood look old and beat up. A buddy that makes original style farm tables had a big key ring, about 4" diameter or more with all kinds of stuff on it. This guy made some nice tables out of old pine from barns and attic floors. Twenty five inch wide pine boards. Wood you can't buy today. Even square pegs in round holes. He wholesaled them for about $2500 to $3500 and the buyer sold them for twice the price in NY.
On 1/19/2010 9:23 PM Tony spake thus:

Ackshhooly, "distressing" wooden pieces to make them look older isn't some new thing invented to try to fool the rubes in New Yawk, or anywhere else, into thinking that something's really old. It's been done all along by furniture makers (even violin makers, for that matter) who wanted to give their work an instant old look. There's even quite a bit of art in this process.
Of course, the average lunk who buys these ready-made tools isn't going to come up with anything that would fool anybody. And it's a bit, well, distressing to see the lack of imagination that would drive anybody to buy such tools, when anyone can come up with their own wood torture devices by just rooting around their scrap pile or bucket of old nails.
A good distressing job takes a lot of subtlety and, of course, variation to make it believable.

- a Usenet "apology"
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Just for the record, I know it's not new, and he wasn't trying to fool anyone. He even put a brief history of the actual building/s of where the wood came from on parchment type paper and glued it to the bottom of the table.

Without a doubt.
Tony wrote:

I know what they are, I was trying to get people to use their imagination and warped minds to come up with funny answers. I am so disappointed. *snicker*
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you.