Ideas needed to reduce noise

I have a pool pump outside of the house, sitting on a concrete block which is on top of a concrete pad. During the day when the pump is on, I can hear it in the room which is on the other side of the exterior wall.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w67/143house/exterior/P1020227.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w67/143house/exterior/P1020229.jpg
What is the best way to cut down of the noise?
If I cut two slices of styrofoam and put one on top and one on bottom of the concrete block will it reduce the noise significantly?
Or do I need to take some drastic measure to build some sort of an enclosure for the pump?
Thanks,
MC
on 7/18/2008 12:30 AM MiamiCuse said the following:

My entire pool pump system is sitting on interlocking 12" x 12" x 1/2" rubber vibration damping tiles over the concrete pad. What is the reason for having the pump up on the block?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I would also put a cover over that pump unless it is rainproof.
on 7/18/2008 10:51 AM Raleigh_3_Speed said the following:

Pool pumps are designed to sit out in the weather.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

What if they get wet?

Not a problem from what I understand. Mines outside like that.

I didn't know.
Andy

Could you just change the timer on the filter to the time of day you are not in the room?
My next question is. Is there a window near by? If there is, 90% of the noise is coming in there.
Pool pumps are usually not that loud. Unless you are just very noise adverse. See if you can find one that is less noisy.
The enclosure idea would, most likely, cause the motor to overheat if it is exposed to the sun at all or if it is too small. Some pumps come with covers but I was told not to use them because of the heat they create.
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 00:30:37 -0400, "MiamiCuse"

You should start touching it and find out what part is making the noise. I'll bet it's the pump on top of the cinder block. Put the neoprene between the two.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (MiamiCuse) I have a pool pump outside of the house, sitting on a concrete block which is on top of a concrete pad. During the day when the pump is on, I can hear it in the room which is on the other side of the exterior wall.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w67/143house/exterior/P1020227.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w67/143house/exterior/P1020229.jpg ----------------- Uh..can you finish painting that area behind the pump in the first picture...? It's getting on my nerves..