ideas for wood paint/ varnish please

I have a newly built home in Thailand and am seeing the paint flaking off the exterior wooden areas within 3 months. I wonder what is the best paint / varnish to use with high UV / heat tolerance. Perhaps yacht varnish? I don't see anything being used over here other than standard varnish or paint and most folks are repainting every 1 year or less.
Warning: Do not use Ultimate-Anonymity

Less than a year seems very short for what we are used to here. I wonder if the type of wood makes a difference also.
In the US, a good brand of outdoor latex paint will get you from five to even more than 10 years. If you use varnish, a marine or spar varnish would be better since they have UV inhibitors and remain a bit more flexible.
-keevill- wrote:

I would look beyond the paint product. Check local practice for preparation and application. Check moisture levels in the wood. TB
Either wet wood, improper aplication in sun or to hot or crap products allow failure in less than 7 yrs on a new home, 3 months is unthinkable, and leads to many possible problems, even the wood type. You need to know more about everything to know what is best and causing this, even wood moisture content. A solid color oil or latex stain might be your best choise
-keevill- wrote:

-keevill- wrote:

I would be looking for the reason you have moisture in the wood. Maybe leaks, maybe migration from inside. High UV will cause fading, high heat can cause problems applying paint, but neither should cause the type of failure you are reporting.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

What do the Thais use? You would expect Thais to have discovered for themselves either: (1) coatings that endure in the Thai climate, e.g. permeable stains rather than paints, or (2) wood that looks good and lasts well unfinished, e.g. teak and mahogany (as used for boats.)
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs