Ideas for pine wood paneling

Hi, I am looking for any ideas on how to brighten up a room with nice pine paneling. This is paneling from the 50's and is very nice. I would like to keep it and I am looking for ideas other than painting. Anyone try to put up different colored crown molding? Thanks

If it's nice certainly dont paint it, I assume you cleaned it etc. there is nothing much you can do about 1950's shellac/varnish ambering. Other than that you can install some eyeball cans, put in some strong reveal bulbs, and aim them at the walls.
Firas wrote:

How's it finished? Stripping/refinishing is possible but quite a lot of work. How much and how to approach it would depend on the actual type of paneling and how it's finished. How to refinish then would depend on what you would want it to look like...

Not sure how its finished; it seems like a stain. It is certainly not shellaced.
"Firas" wrote .

Have same. Same issue too <g>.