ideas for painting cement rooftile

have a lifetile (product name) cement barrel style rooftile which I'd like to paint. the original color on the cement tiles was a blend of brown-orange type hues and it's naturally become more light orange as the years have passed

it's my understanding that an acrylic sealer and then acrylic latex over (after drying) would take care of it.

any ideas or corrections or suggestions to the above? any tips to make the job easier or equipment to use? I had planned on renting a machine from home depot and buying behr acrylic latex

I do understand that I have to wash the roof first and I've actually done it always once a year so it's in fairly clean shape now.

Reply to
t Wilson

a machine from home depot and buying behr acrylic latex

Your tool of choice for this large a job will be an airless sprayer. Consider enlisting a helper and renting some scaffolding as the gear will be heavy and bulky. Graco makes some well respected sprayers, and there are others as well. Mind your outside temperatures and use a three day weekend if possible. Watch the weather channel to make sure your wind drift doesn't repaint the neighbor's Lamborghini. Other tgha that, read the directions and ask questions and it will go just fine.

Joe

Reply to
Joe