Ideal Workbench Depth & Height

The bench is going to be around 14' long. The wife does stained glass, I brew beer, make model ships, woodwork, and refinish stuff. I think I'll just simply break it into three levels.

Reply to
trbo20

36" is too low. 39" is more like it. Go to a bank and note the height of the stand-up teller counter - it is almost always in the vicinity of 39".
Reply to
Bob M.

Agree

Question tho.... if the height was say 48" would that be too uncomfortable as a stand up desk you think?

Reply to
me

Not for gluing, or fiddly work, but it's too high for hammering and sawing by hand.

Seriously, set a plank at the height you're considering, and mime the things you expect to be doing. If it's too high, that will be obvious.

Reply to
Goedjn

Not for me - I'm 6' 1" tall. :-)

Reply to