Idea to brighten up an in

O > I have a dark corridor which opens to the living room on one end, and along O > it's way open to two bed rooms and a bathroom on one side, a closet on the O > other side, and ends at the door to the master bedroom. This corridor is O > very dark and it's already painted white. O > O > Any idea how to brighten it up? I may find a brighter white but it may not O > help much. I am thinking in one of the bedrooms that may be I can open O > several holes. Glass blocks to pass the light through? But the wall is an O > interior wall so it's only 4" thick and glass blocks are thicker than that. O > Plus I need to open pretty big holes in order to add in horizontal 2x4 to O > hold any kind of heavy stuff.

Perhaps cut into the wall a niche or two between the studs -- be sure not to cut into any plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc.! Place a light on the shelf (if there is an outlet in the same wall hollow this would make the wiring easier). Or perhaps a back-lit picture. If you're into more modern things neon lights or sculptures could provide the lighting required while adding some art at the same time.

If you don't want the light on all the time beside hard-wired wall-mounted switches there are X-10 type devices (Radio Shack has some of the more bare-boned options), motion detectors, light sensors.

  • Cat I want to be close To you. Can I fit my head inside your armpit?
Reply to
barry martin