Idea for 'fly paper' like stuff

I need something like glue that will stay sticky, indefinitely, if possible. There are some horticulture glues that seem to be like that. Any ideas?

Reply to
AKA gray asphalt

Like those sticky mouse catchers?

Reply to
terry

"Tanglefoot". You can buy a tube of it at garden stores. It is used to construct insect barriers. I use it to keep ants off my humming bird feeder.

SJF

Reply to
SJF

Is tanglefoot something that can be diluted and spread over a, say 6 sq ft area? Or maybe dabbed on in spots, like glue? Does it have an odor .. suitable for indoors? Thanks.

Reply to
AKA gray asphalt

Best to ask the manufacturer as they manufacture a lot of different products.

RicodJour

Also....theres a special kind of floor matting used in Hospitals, chemistry labs and such.......used to clean off the souls of your boots. Something like that? What exactly do you need it for if I may ask?

Reply to
avid_hiker

There are safer ways to keep ants off of a hummingbird feeder. If a hummer happens to touch the Tanglefoot, it could be harmed to the extent that it couldn't fly.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

There are safer ways to keep ants off of a hummingbird feeder. If a hummer happens to touch the Tanglefoot, it could be harmed to the extent that it couldn't fly.

---MIKE---

The feeder is suspended from a bell like arrangement using the bottom of a plastic bottle for the shell of the bell. The wire that hangs in the place of the clapper is built up with string and coated with Tanglefoot under the bell. The hummers can't get to it but the ants would have to crawl over it to get to the feeder.

SJF

Reply to
SJF

Duct tape. Even caught a snake with some.

Reply to
dean