Icing in freezer - what to do?

I think the door to my top-freezer was left open the other night, on a warm humid night on which we weren't running the air conditioner.
Whatever the cause, the freezer now has lots of round frozen droplets of water on its ceiling.
I was hoping that the refrigerator's defrost cycle would take care of this, but it's been more than 24 hours now and the ice is still there.
The amount of ice is not a lot - if I chipped it all off, I'll bet the collective weight is below four ounces - but its presence bugs me.
Is it anything to worry about, and if so, what's the easiest way to remove it? I was thinking of taking a warm, mostly dry, sponge to it to melt it a bit, then rub everything down with a dry cloth.

It will over time. The defrost mechanism is designed to take care of the normal tiny buildup. In this case, it was given much more than normal so it will take time to be rid of it.

This is Turtle.
It does not hurt a thing to leave it there to evaperate over time. If it bugges you too much take a spoon and hit it with the bottom flate side of the spoon and it will crack and fall off. OR turn the box off and take a hair drier and met it and whip it dry and turn it back on. If you just leave it there it will evaperate off in about a month or so.
TURTLE
Hi,

The defrost system will remove frost from the cooling coils but will not remove frost/ice fro mthe walls and such.

Knock off what you can, turn off the unit for a bit and let the iceing start to melt and wipe away with a cloth.
Put some Saran wrap over the cake before you put it in the freezer next time.

This is Turtle.
Oscar , I want some of what your drinking tonite. It must be some good stuff. Did you distill it yourself ?
TURTLE

I agree with Turtle. Any ice will slowly diminish over a couple weeks or a month or so. It evaporates/sublimates and reforms on the evaporator coils, where the defrost cycle handles it.

How did you know he was drinking..?? :)

This is Turtle.
You don't drink do you ? All ex-AA member know each other by what they say.
TURTLE