Icemaker/Water Filter Dilemma

I went to spec out the install of the subzero that I have coming and realized that the guy that ran my icemaker feed ran it from a branch line that originates somewhere on the lower level of the house off a bathroom. Why did he not run it from under the kitchen sink so that I can run a filter at the kitchen sink and to feed the frig if I so choose. Because he was an idiot :-). So, now I am relegated to running some sort of 1/4" icemaker line around 12 feet of kitchen through cabinets. Also, he cut all of the angle stops under the sink back to the wall and installed trim rings, so I don't even have a stubout long enough to tap a saddle valve into. What I do have is an icemaker connection inset into the wall behind the frig that taps into a line coming from downstairs! What do I do? Is there such a thing as a double headed angle stop or an angle stop with a 1/4" connection coming out of it so I can tap a line from it under the kitchen sink? I imagine that I can run braided stainless steel 1/4" icemaker line through the cabinets and thread them togther with brass couplers. I don't know if just running neoprene line would work? There is a 30" run behind a viking stove where the line would have to be exposed. Would the heat of the stove damage it? I could forget the filter and just put tap water into the icemaker but what a waste. The whole point of a high end frig is for performance and clean purified water and ice.
Any help would be appreciated. :-)
Michael Roback wrote:

3-way stops are a common item: http://www.plumbingsupply.com/angle.html
Use 1/4" soft copper tube rather than plastic.
Jim
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Hey Ed,
S-Z's do not have filters. Don't know if they ever will?!? My recommendation to the OP would be a whole house filter just after the main meter.
Brian

That will work, but you wear them out fast. I use a main line filter for rust and sediment, charcoal only on the drinking lines though. Ed