Icemaker only gives 4-5 cubes per cycle

I've read that frozen water in the tube could be a problem, but why would 5 cubes be able to be made? The lever goes halfway up by itself to stop the process. We don't have great water pressure but the Whirlpool fridge/icemaker had worked for 3 years.
Thanks, Mary
Hi,

That would likely stop all the cubes from being made.

Low water pressure fills, icemaker is broken and not keeping the fill valve energized long enough.

Low water pressure fills is likely then. Clogged shut off valve, clogged fill valve, clogged filter ( if used ), kinked line are some possible trouble makers.