Icemaker not getting water

I have a Whirlpool refrigeretor with icemaker purchased in 2001. About two months ago the icemaker stopped working, so I purchased a new icemaker for $119 at the local appliance store and installed it. The new icemaker has been working fine until two days ago when it stopped altogether. No water is getting to the icemaker unit. I checked and there is water coming in from the supply line in the house. I also checked the filter where the water line enters the refrigerator and the filter is clean. Could the new icemaker be defective, or maybe there is a problem with the switch at the bottom of the refrigerator not sending water up to the icemaker. Any help would be appreciated.

Doug and Patty

Reply to
MRTYMCFLY

Frank Boettcher

Hi,

No model# posted, but soemthing that may help....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

This exact thing happened to mine too, and since the water dispenser still worked it was an easy call. I got the solenoid valve replaced on the very last day that the warranty was good (why do it myself if I paid extra for the warranty?) and it's been fine ever since.

Reply to
Steve Richardson

Reply to
Rick

Despite your visual inspection of the filter, when was the last time you actually replaced the filter? I'll bet if you check the control panel you'll find a little red light on, indicating you need a filter replacement. $35 or so, at most appliance stores, Best Buy, etc.

Reply to
World Traveler