Ice maker wont cycle

The ice maker in our three year old Frigidaire has develop a problem. The unit will not cycle unless you move the wire arm to the off position and back to on. I looked for any obvious bends in the arm or build up on the machine that might be causing the problem.
Anyone have any troubleshooting tips that I might use to begin work on this problem? I am not sure if it is a mechanical problem or something electrical.
-- Gordon Parks
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 22:33:19 -0400, "Gordon Parks"
will not cycle unless you move the wire arm to the off position and back to on. I looked for any obvious bends in the arm or build up on the machine that might be causing the problem.

Turn it off until everything melts.
BTW, I love your photographs.
Sorry about what they're doing to Life.