Ice Maker/Water Line Installation

Hi everyone,
I just got a new Kenmore refrigerator to replace an older (1999) GE. Both have auto ice makers and water dispensers, but the GE water line hook up in the back is much larger than the Kenmore water line hook up.
The piece that screws into the refrigerator line has about a 1" diameter, but the piece I need to screw it onto on the new kenmore fridge is about half that size. Is there an adapter or anything I can get to make this work or will I have to solder a new piece onto the copper water line to attach to the new fridge?
Thanks.

The new frig should have come with the proper fitting.
In that case, you just cut the old fitting off with tubing cutters and install the new fitting on the copper pipe.

It didn't come with it... I bought it from a sears outlet and it was previously returned. I guess I'll just contact sears and see what they can do.
Thanks for the response
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:06:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't even lknow what apart you want, but I found Sears didn't stock that many spare parts anymore. I needed at times a heating element and a thermostat for one of their Water heaters and they had a spot on their peg board, but sent me to an appliance parts store.
I think you would do just about as well at a hardware store, including a big box store, at least if you can tell what you need by looking at it, after looking at what you have already.

In most cases for appliances like this, you can find online parts diagrams at either the manufacturer or else online parts stores. That should show you how the frig connects to the flex pipe and what you need.
On Jul 25, 5:42 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Can you post (or email) some photos? I'll try to find what you need.
APP forum admin http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
On Jul 25, 5:42 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Can you post (or email) a couple of photos? I'm sure I can find what you need.
APP forum admin http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

Business that slow, where you have to spam to try and get orders?