Ice Maker Repair

Hello everyone. I have a Kenmore side by side refrig. It has an ice maker that can make regular or crushed cubes that you access on the refrig. door. my problem is that it only gives you crushed ice even when the button is moved to the cubed ice setting. Any help would be greatly appreciated
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Josh) wrote in message

Hi,
The icemaker only makes cubes.....the dispensor will dispense the cubes or crush the cubes for the crushed ice.
A copy..... http://www.applianceaid.com/frig-dispenser.html#cubes There is an option to select cubed or crushed ice, the problem is, only crushed ice is being dispensed, even when the cubed ice selection is made. Everything else works just fine. This particular refrigerator was about 2-3 years old.
http://www.applianceaid.com/pictools/001.JPG
There should be a solenoid behind the ice bucket ( see picture above ) that moves an metal arm on the ice bucket to move the crush teeth away for cubes or keeps the crush teeth in place for crushed cubes. Bad solenoid, bad wire at the solenoid, broken solenoid/mechanism piece, bent arm, no power from dispenser to the solenoid are -some- possible trouble makers.
On my Kenmore side by side, the arm came out of the solenoid causing only crushed ice. After replacing the arm and securing it so it wouldn't fall out again, no problems for five years since.