ice maker off colored ice

Any new houses being built with wells nearby? Drilling a well nearby may have been in the same aquafer as yours, disturbing it.

Reply to
willshak

no... at least not any within a couple miles

Problem has resurfaced on guesthouse again but has self cured. I am convinced that the problem is caused by water softener which is common to both buildings.

Reply to
Frank Thompson

"hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net" wrote

Statistically, icemakers are the leading cause of repair problems in refrigerators. That said, I'd never buy a fridge without one. Mine broke once and I repaired it. To me, it is still worth the money for the convenience. Lots of ice whenever we want it, chilled water right out of the door dispenser.

When the kids were at home, they'd use ice, but never filled the trays. I also found them a PITA to deal with.

Some people hate them, but I love mine. Next fridge will have ne too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hubby just installed a new ice maker but we are noticing yellowish tinge to cubes. Is it possible moving the water supply line broke sediment free creating the problem? if so what are answers?

Reply to
andibrokaw

Yes, it is. It may clear after a couple of batches. It is also possible it put an in=line filter to get any rust should it persist.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I would suspect a biofilm slime and have a sample tested.

Reply to
Ed60062

Thanks Ed. threw out the cubes, drained about a gallon out of water dispenser. water was clear by the end. now I just have to wait for cubes.

Reply to
andibrokaw

I think biofilm slime in this situation in like hearing hoofbeats and expecting zebras. Super hard water and scale. Never had a boil order.

Reply to
fletcher.brokaw

What a dumb shit of a response.

Reply to
marzrok1

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com pretended :

Yes, by not quoting any of which you object to, your response is totally meaningless.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Not only that, it was a response to a post from 3 May 2011...

Reply to
Sam Hill

I figured that, didn't bother to look. Eh, that's recent for some GGers.

Reply to
FromTheRafters