Ice maker motor

The motor for the ice maker that dispenses the ice into the glasses has died. Is that something one can change on their own? Any ideas as to the rough cost of having someone else do it? WAY out of warrantee.

easiest way is to buy the icemaker kit, for under a 100 bucks. it slides in and includes solenoid valve a frequent cause of no ice

Got plenty of ice. Just can't get it out of the container and through the door. That change your suggestion any?
Kurt Ullman wrote:

See if you can get your part from here: http://www.repairclinic.com/0001.asp You'll need your model number and other info.
--
Grandpa

Thanks I'll try there.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

You're looking for something called an "auger motor" or something like that. I just checked for my Whirlpool model, and that's what mine is called. ($78!! hope mine never goes out)
--
Grandpa

.

That is the ice dispenser, not the maker. Different motors, different tools. Should be able to do it yourself if you have some mechanical aptitude.