Ice Maker Freezing Up

I have an old (20 yrs) Whirlpool refrigerator with an ice maker that keeps freezing up. The water freezes in the water refill tube every couple of months. I did discover that the tube has a small crack on the part that is outside the freezer and leaks a very small amount. I can thaw the tube out with a hair dryer and then the ice maker works for another month or two.
Is there a permanent solution to my problem? Would the crack in the tube be causing any of the problem? That is easily replaced.
Thanks for your advice.
David
http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_4_1.asp

The coil itself was good, but the valve had a leak letting the fill tube become filled with water which then froze.
David

it and everything works fine now.
David