ice maker does not fill with water

but water does work it is a sears side by side
--
Hank@Shenandoah

henryc wrote:

Did it work and then stop? Look for the inlet hose to be plugged with ice. Sometimes get some dripping down the backside. I've used a hair dryer to free mine up.
Frank
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:16:39 GMT, "F.H."

Low water pressure (such as when feeding water from an RO unit) may cause the filler tube to freeze up. I just had a kit (filler tube heater) fitted to my SubZero to cure such a problem.
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Hi,
Some icemaker won't fill with water trouble makers... http://www.applianceaid.com/icemaker.html#water
jeff,
henryc wrote in message ...

First check for a frozen fill tube which goes through the cabinet to the icemaker. If that's not it, the water fill valve will likely need to be checked. You can read some information about the water valves used on appliances at the link below.
http://ng.appliance411.com/links/search.cgi?query=water+valve
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+fridge
=~~~~~~

if this is a new ref. make sure all shipping plugs were removed.
We had this question a couple weeks ago. Might be a slow leak on the fill valve, letting the ice fill tube freeze solid with ice.
Time to call an appliance repair guy.
--
Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

:>Dan O. wrote in message ...:> :>First check for a frozen fill tube which goes through :>the cabinet to the icemaker. If that's not it, the water :>fill valve will likely need to be checked. You can :>read some information about the water valves :>used on appliances at the link below.:> :> http://ng.appliance411.com/links/search.cgi?query=water+valve

There 's no reason that a homeowners couldn't usually replace a fridge/icemaker water valve them self.
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=icemaker+valve
=~~~~~~