Ice Dispenser gone CRAZY!

Reference: Maytag frig MSD-2758-DRQ, 6 yrs old.
Hello. I was recently standing by the refrig (really!) when the ice dispenser door opened but nothing would come out. I pressed all buttons on the control panel and pressed the ice dispensor pad to dispense ice but the door remained open with the solenoid running. No ice would come out and the auger did not run. When I opened the freezer door the solenoid would shut off. Shutting the freezer door caused the solenoid to run "open". I needed some time to find my star sockets to remove the wire connection and by the time I returned (5 minutes), the solenoid smelled like it burned out. I then removed the red insulated wire to the solenoid and was able to use the frig again, albeit without ice dispense. This happened just after the defrost control module failed, which I replaced the next day.
After I replaced the defrost control module, the solenoid appears not to constantly run, however it is bad; the ice door now only opens about 1/4". For the last year, the switch that actuates the water and ice would sometimes stick, so I'd like to replace that switch too.
What parts do I need?
Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Chances are....
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N0492 Solenoid and door kit, ice dispenser
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&Nw8121 Dispenser control board - series 10, 11, 12
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N4699 Dispenser control board - series 14 ( series is the firts 2 digits of your serial # )
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N4414 Switch, limit
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&Nf6289 Actuator pad, dispenser
http://tinyurl.com/9omws Breakdown pic.
Thanks Appliance Repair Aid! I'll start with the Solenoid kit, switch and pad, then work to more expensive items should it be required. With the defrost module replaced, now the keypad controls appear to work properly, so I don't believe I need a new (expensive) printed circuit board.
Pick the right ballast, cheap ones dont work well under 50f, HD may not be the best place for ballasts.