Ice Dams

Page 2 of 2
Chris Lewis wrote:

Interesting discussion re: temperatures. If it snows a decent amount (6" or so) and then the high tempartures over the next couple of days are around 40 degrees, with lows in the mid 20s, are you more prone or less prone to having ice dams forming? I'm wondering if it's a good or bad thing to have some thawing during the day, when runoff is just going to re-freeze overnight.

In the latter part of the winter here in the northeast that can happen every 24 hours, though. Which is when we (not me so far in 11 years, thank all dieties) get ice dams.
Banty