Ice Buildup on Freezer Floor

I've been browsing the postings for answers to my problem, but can't find an exact match. So, hopefully, someone can provide some insight for me. I have a Whirlpool fridge with a top freezer. The unit is just over one year old. Recently, we have experienced ice buildup on the floor of the freezer. We use a wooden spatula to break it up, but within a day or two, it is back. Freezer and refrigerator temps seem to be normal (0 deg and 37 deg, respectively).

Any input from you experts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Smooth

Reply to
srr113

bamboo

Recently, we have experienced ice buildup on the

You got an icemaker that's overflowing?

Reply to
jerry_maple
  1. A feed item in the freezer is blocking the door from shutting completely. Could happen with unit of any age.
  2. Defrost cycle not working, the "frost-free" is not happening.
  3. Slow leak >I've been browsing the postings for answers to my problem, but can't
Reply to
Tom Kendrick

I defrosted the fridge, then checked the drain tube. Sure enough, there was an ice clog in it. I poured some hot water down it and it flowed free. It appears to be working fine now. Thanks for all of the tips from everyone.

Smooth

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote:

Reply to
srr113