IC Light Fixture too hot to touch

I replaced two recessed light fixtures with IC fixtures (Halo H5ICAT Air-Tite IC Housing) so I can insulate the attic around them. After I was done with lights and fiberglass insualtion , but before I closed up the attic floor, I touched them both and they were quite hot. I'm using 60watt lightbulbs, which is well within the limit shown on the IC fixture instructions (75watt Max). Is this normal? Now I'm worried about letting the insualtion sit around them. I cannot build a box around them, and the intent was to stop the drafts from coming down the recessed light housings, so I want this to work. All advice appreciated.
Anthony

They're hot because they are dissipating their heat through the aluminum housing. It's normal. If they get too hot the thermal cutout will turn them off.

Wrote to CooperLighting (Halo's manufacturer), who advises the same. Thanks, RBM.
...The temperature that the H5ICAT can reach is up to 90 degree Celsius before the thermal protection shuts off the fixture. If you were using too high wattage of a lamp, the fixture would shut off, come back on after it cools, and then turn off again when it gets too hot (commonly called cycling). Always follow the lamping listed for that trim on the label inside the housing. The H5ICAT is rated for direct contact with insulation and combustible material, so there is no need for concern.
Sincerely,
KS Technical Support Engineer Cooper Lighting