I want to brick my house,

Riceland:
R > I want to put brick on my house and cover the ugly old siding. R > However, I am a perfectionist, and I want the brick to EXACTLY meet R > the edge of the roof without any partial bricks or with a gap. R > Therefore, I want to start the brick from the top and work down to the R > ground, rather than starting on the ground. I figure I can always R > fill in the bottom with a little extra dirt to raise the lawn if R > needed. R > R > How do I lay brick from the top of the house down. Should I stack R > 2x4's all the way from the ground to the roof, and remove one each R > time I place another layer of brick? Or is there a special tool made R > for this purpose?
I would use my portable anti-gravity machine. :) ...Assuming this is a half-way truthful inquiry I would probably measure the height of the brick plus the thickness of the mortar. This would be the total height for a single layer. N number of courses to the roofline, adjust the bottom startpoint to match.
Probably easier to install a trim piece cut to the appropriate thickness to show a full course. This is what my old neighbour did.
- » barry.martin■AT■thesafebbs.zeppole.com «
* Jack & Jill......pail of water???......Riiiight!
--
■ RoseReader 2.52ß P003186
■ The Safe BBS ■ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971