I want my electric changed from AC to DC

Page 3 of 3

Ivan wrote:

I guess he wants to replace alternator with generator in his car too.

Yes.
During the positive half-cycle, electrical equipment emits heat. As the power reverses polarity, it sucks some of that heat back in. The "suckage ratio" varies according to frequency. DC (being 0Hz) doesn't suck. 1KHz power would freeze us all.