I Want A Drone (To Check My Gutters)

see when my gutters need to be cleaned? The highest part of the house can be reached with a 28' extension ladder.

necessary, CLEAN them too. If it works well let us know what

them too. If it works well let us know what one you

be

debris

or

What connecting a water hose to a downspout, sealing all the others and floating the leaves out?
On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 2:01:54 PM UTC-4, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

It won't float the solids out and if it did it would make a huge mess.
Unless you live in a heavily treed area and have to clean your gutters 2-3 times a year, you don't know how much stuff can build up in the bottom of a gutter.
If I wait too long to clean them, the maple seeds (helicopters) will germinate in the muck and begin to grow. Sometimes in the fall I have to run warm water in the hose to melt the ice in the gutters before I can clean them.
(Let's keep gutter guards out of this discussion. They are worth a thread of their own.)

Mount one of this on a pole and inspect with your cell phone
https://www.amazon.com/Powstro-Endoscope-Waterproof-Digital-Inspection/dp/B01H5AH9ZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid 71323397&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=usb+wire+camera&psc=1
On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 10:11:18 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Is this micky?
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Get a system like Gutter Helmut installed.
I see ads in the paper for gutter cleaning for 69 bux. I know it's a come on but why not take advantage?
--
Tekkie

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 4:57:51 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:

my gutters need to be cleaned? The highest part of the house can be reached with a 28' extension ladder.

As I said in a later post, gutters guards deserve a thread of their own. That is not the solution I asking about.

on

Because I am not asking about how to *clean* my gutters, I'm asking about a method to *check* them. If you were one of those "$69 guys", would you come *check* my gutters for free whenever I asked?

Did you even look at the Endoscope link I provided? I've got one that's about 6 ft and have found it to be quite handy.
A drone is just a vehicle without a pilot. Or a driver.
What if we had a small tracked vehicle, like a mini version of a military vehicle, and just had it crawl back and forth in the gutters all the time?
It wouldn't need a lot of power to keep a mostly clean gutter completely clean.
Powering through a big clog would take some power but you'd clean them before you started, and never again.
On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 9:49:19 PM UTC-4, TimR wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/iRobot-330-Gutter-Cleaning-Robot/dp/B00A1590RS
Of course it has to be charged. Nothing is going to work "all the time".
On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 8:57:51 PM UTC-4, ChairMan wrote:

Yes, I "even" looked at it. Not what I had in mind, but thanks anyway.
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

n my gutters need to be cleaned? The highest part of the house can be reach ed with a 28' extension ladder.

Yes, later than my post therefore you can't call the shots...

me on

No. I already have a wife to tell me what I am doing wrong.
Get your ass on a ladder and check them. What's the problem? You want to spend big bux to check them and what if you find something? You going to spend more money to fix them? What is your plan of attack here? Clean them first so you find the problems or find problems that hidden by not cleaning them? Later on you opine about the downspouts. You going to fly your toy down the spout? You can check them simply by getting your ass and hose on the ladder. What is the real result you are looking for in this evolution?
Why do you always attack the posters that are trying to help you?
--
Tekkie

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 2:26:10 PM UTC-7, Tekkie® wrote:

hen my gutters need to be cleaned? The highest part of the house can be rea ched with a 28' extension ladder.

.

come on

ut

ng

?

invest in a tall ladder?
marc
On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 15:59:45 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

They cost more than a drone.
On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 6:59:53 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

when my gutters need to be cleaned? The highest part of the house can be r eached with a 28' extension ladder.

wn.

a come on

bout

you

hem

ning

on

on?

I've already got a ladder. That's what I use to check and clean the gutters . I'm looking for easy way to check them without have to pull out the 28' extension and climb ing to the top of the house.
On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 5:26:10 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:

hen my gutters need to be cleaned? The highest part of the house can be rea ched with a 28' extension ladder.

.

Later than my OP, which is the post your responded to, but *not* later than your response.
My post regarding gutter guards appears before yours in the thread.

come on

ut

ng

?
Do you even read the things that people post? Why is it so hard for you to understand this simple concept?
Let's try this again...
I asked about an inexpensive drone to use as a visual check to see if my gutters need cleaning. I already get "my ass" on the ladder at least three times a year to clean them. Sometimes I clean them before they really need them because I've already pull out the ladder to check them and I might as well remove what's up there as long as I got the ladder out. However, that usual ly means an extra cleaning because I cleaned them "too early".
I don't know what you consider "big bux" but I don't think that $40-$60 is an unreasonable amount for a method to do a quick visual inspection instead of pulling out a 28' extension ladder and climbing to the top of a 2 1/2 story house, front and back. Get the ladder from the under the deck, fully extend it, cl imb up, down, lower the ladder, carry it to the front of the house fully extend it, up, down, carry it back to the deck and store it. A $60 drone sure sounds easier and a lot more fun. The older I get, the more I want find easier ways to accomplish a task.
I have no clue why you even mention spending money to clean them. You broug ht paying to have them cleaned, not me.
Your comment about "flying the drone down the downspout" shows your complet e misunderstanding of the concept of "checking them". Debris often floats alo ng the gutter and gets hung up at the end, blocking the opening of the downspout a nd causing the water to back up and even overflow during heavy rain. A drone w ould allow me to check the gutters *at* the downspout to see if it's time to get out the ladder, the bucket, the hose, etc.
I don't know how many trees you have at your house or what they do to your to your gutters, but mine sometimes get filled to the top 3 or more times a ye ar. If I don't clean them in time, they overflow and wash mulch away, etc. A drone w ould be a simple way to keep a closer eye on their condition. It really is as si mple as this: Fly a drone instead of using a ladder...plus I have a drone to play w ith.

Absolutely. That is reason enough to buy a drone. We got up to $64.35, which is not an expensive toy for a man.
On 08/15/2016 09:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Remove the damned trees from your yard and you won't need yearly gutter cleaning.

The problem I see with it, which may not be a problem for you, is it records onto a memory card, instead of being able to view in real time. You land the drone. Retrieve the memory card and view. But you will have a problem knowing just where what you see is along the gutter.
On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 8:02:17 PM UTC-4, Don Wiss wrote:

While it's not critical to know exactly where the debris is, I don't think it would be all that hard to tell. Odds are the image will include some of the surroundings (a bush here, a driveway there, the deck, etc.) that will narrow it down.
However, in general, the main goal is to check the downspouts, of which there are 5. If any of them need to be cleaned, the ladder is coming out anyway. Once I'm up there, the condition of the rest of the gutters can be assessed.
Someone else suggested this unit for about $20 more. Extra batteries and real time transmission to a smart phone (I think...I haven't looked at it in any detail, I just found out about it a few minutes ago)
https://www.amazon.com/X5SW-Channel-Controlled-Quadcopter-Transmission/dp/B00Y2GGB8I

Headless is a real nice feature to have. And, of course, this one wipes away my complaint. Avoid the cheaper sellers along the right. They are all shipping from outside the US.