i want a doorbell that....

im looking for a doorbell that meets the following criteria:
- wireless buttons. I want the main unit (the ringer part, the receiver) to plug into an outlet and not use batteries. i know some systems are compeltely wireless this is not what i want. i dont want to have to replace batteries in a unit in an area i already have power to. of course the buttons will need batteries...
- two buttons with seperate ring for each button (back and front door).
- some of the wireless doorbells ive seen have hidious buttons. im not asking for much, just a tiny bit of style and not some bulky white plastic box with a white plastic button.
- has an actual chime. not a digital recording of a chime, not some pac man sound, and not mozart. i want there to be some piece of metal in there that is struck by something and sounds real nice. ding for one button, ding dong for the other.
- is under 100 bucks.
ive found a few that meet some of my criteria, and none that meet all...
any suggestions?
thx randy
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:57:32 -0700, "xrongor"

You might want to buy your own separate buttons and wire them to individual transmitter modules (Check alarm supply vendors and/or garage door remote suppliers). If you can keep the transmitter unit battery indoors, you will have fewer problems over all.
Here is one representative company: http://www.linearcorp.com /
Even if your receiver requires batteries, you should be able to replace those with an AC power supply (wall wart transformer-power supply). Check the voltage 9, 12, and 24 volts are common. Also check polarity for DC units - for AC it doesn't matter. If you don't buy the cheapest consumer unit, it is likely to include an AC power supply for the receiver.
Beachcomber
xrongor wrote:

Batteries should last many years (at least five) in a doorbell application. They have the advantage of allowing the thing to work even if the power is off.

i imagine they last a long time when they make a little beeping noise. im guessing much less when they have a physical striker to move to make the sound...
randy
Batteries in the bell do not last 4 months, the reciever is always on. But what you want I think is avalaible anywhere. You get an extra button and one or two plug in bells . My folks have it, Probably at Overpriced Ace. Different brands are at different Box stores you should find what you need.
Do you know what drives me crazy? When I'm watching a movie, either at the theater or at home, and whoever I'm watching it with starts asking me questions about it. Stuff like: 'What did he do that', and 'Whats she gonna do next'. How the hell do I know? I've never seen this movie before either. But you can't say that, cause then the person gets upset and then either storms off in a huff, or starts bitching about something else, and never shuts up. So you have to either pretend that you are so engrossed in the movie you didn't hear them (this strategy never works) or smile and say something to pacify them. You'd like to say 'Why don't you shut the fuck up and watch - maybe you'll figure it out!' but you can't. Well maybe if you are a little drunk you can, but it depends on a lot of different things.
Matt wrote:

ReplayTV RULES. When someone asks what was just said, I just press the "back step" button and they see it again.
If they're asking something else, I just hit pause, answer their question, then hit play.
Plus I haven't seen a commercial in many months.

I vaguely recall that movie, how did it end ?
Well, the one guy ended up getting killed. And then whats his name flew to the airport; but missed his flight - so he wasn't able to meet that one girl in New York - which was really bad because she had a meeting with him and President something or other. But other than that, it was great.
050131 1134 - Matt posted:

Yeah, life sux sometimes, and sometimes it sux all the time...