I've gone Bosch!

Page 2 of 2

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:37:41 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

On one 60's era Chevy, you had loosen a motor mount, jack the engine slightly -- just to get a spark plug in. PITA.
I'll stay with my Ford Bronco.
Add pictures here
✖

My 2001 Impala has a hook on top of the engine for your come-along to jack the engine forward to get to the back 3 plugs. But the good news is I didn't need to change them- but did anyway at about 100K.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖

Well, I don't work on vehicles. I find it much less frustrating to just pay the freight and move on. But I do agree, they seem to be engineered by a plumber that just got an electronics degree.
Add pictures here
✖
On 2010-07-27, The Post Quartermaster

LOL!!...
That's a keeper. ;)
nb
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 27, 6:13 am, "The Post Quartermaster"

Try installing one of these
http://www.reliableparts.com/product/inv_667489/Bosch-Washer-Parts-461336
and then tell me how much you love Bosch.
Add pictures here
✖

Try installing one of these
http://www.reliableparts.com/product/inv_667489/Bosch-Washer-Parts-461336
and then tell me how much you love Bosch.
I've already told you how much I love Bosch. Until something comes along to change my mind, I'll continue to love Bosch. And, I doubt a washer part will do it because I call the appliance man.
--
Careful how you respond. I have people!

JC

Add pictures here
✖
On 2010-07-27, The Post Quartermaster

BTDT on a GE. Most top-loaders have 'em. Trivial, if somewhat annoying, fix.
nb
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 27, 8:13 am, "The Post Quartermaster"

Bosch is very good, but who has a warranty as good a Ridgid, nobody, and you just walk a tool in for service, they even have a lifetime warranty on batteries. My electric tools , about 17 of them are US made Porter Cable, my new tools and cordless are Hds Ridgid and nothing has broke in 4-5 years. If your Bosch breaks you likely mail it in, not with Ridgid, that service policy cant be beat.
Add pictures here
✖

Bosch is very good, but who has a warranty as good a Ridgid, nobody, and you just walk a tool in for service, they even have a lifetime warranty on batteries. My electric tools , about 17 of them are US made Porter Cable, my new tools and cordless are Hds Ridgid and nothing has broke in 4-5 years. If your Bosch breaks you likely mail it in, not with Ridgid, that service policy cant be beat.
I was about to start buying the Rigid brand and then read where they were made by Emerson (Craftsman) and that Emerson had been bought out by a company in China and that gave me pause. That's when I started buying Porter/Cable instead of DeWalt, only to discover that DeWalt bought Porter/Cable and they were bought by Delta, or something like that. You need a damn program to know the players these days. I've heard now that some Bosch tools are being made in China. That is disturbing. Hell, if things keep going like they are we'll be better off building with TinkerToys.
--
Careful how you respond. I have people!

JC

Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 27, 1:43 pm, "The Post Quartermaster"

Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 27, 1:43 pm, "The Post Quartermaster"

Where do you think TinkerToys are made? ;-)
AIUI, Porter Cable and Delta were bought up by Pentair about ten years ago. Pentair then sold the tool divisions off to Black and Decker, which already owned Dewalt, Bostich, Stanley, and a bunch of others. ...or something like that.
A lot of Ridgid's tools are made in the US, if you count the area around Cleveland, Ohio as part of the US. ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
A lot of Ridgid's tools are made in the US, if you count the area around Cleveland, Ohio as part of the US. ;-)
I didn't until they drafted Colt McCoy. <G>
--
Careful how you respond. I have people!

JC

Add pictures here
✖
I just got off the phone with Porter/Cable trying to find a battery charger model 8624. You know what? Those people just simply don't care. They simply don't care. They laughed and told me it was obsolete. I said I guess I'm out of luck and they just laughed again and said you got it. I hope they, Dewalt, Delta and everyone else associated with them go broke.
--
Careful how you respond. I have people!

JC

Add pictures here
✖

I have an old Rockwell circular saw, its still great, Porter cable bought Rockwell in the mid 80s, now I see Rockwell brand at Menards, hey its all chinese stuff now, who knows what is what, but Ridgids warranty is best and they are solidly made, who knows maybe Bosch makes some of ridgids stuff, I see a few tools that have the designs and makings of another brand.
Add pictures here
✖

I have an old Rockwell circular saw, its still great, Porter cable bought Rockwell in the mid 80s, now I see Rockwell brand at Menards, hey its all chinese stuff now, who knows what is what, but Ridgids warranty is best and they are solidly made, who knows maybe Bosch makes some of ridgids stuff, I see a few tools that have the designs and makings of another brand.
All of my Bosch tools have a 3 year warranty. Everything else I have was only one year, if that.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:14:31 -0500, "The Post Quartermaster"

I bought a 5 piece Bosch kit in Jan '04 (dated my batteries).
Used it daily for a couple of years. On my 3rd battery (June "07, dated) for casual use.
The 18V hammer/drill, priced separately was about half the cost of the kit. The drill and jig saw are my favorites (great tools). Sawsall can drain a battery pretty fast. The light lens can swivel and is great in a tight space. The cir saw if heavy on the battery, depending on the material.
I've dropped the drill a few times off a ladder and it never broke the case or refused to work. I did accidentally hit a man in the head after he walked by the ladder one day as I brought the drill down to my side.. The drill is heavy and his head hurt. My advise was "stay away if I have tools in my hands."
Add pictures here
✖

A lot of tool manufacturers have combined into a few companies (PC, Dewalt, Stanley, Delta, are all one). "Rockwell" of today has *nothing* to do with the Rockwell of the '80s, or before. That company was the ones with the Space Shuttle, and now makes industrial automation stuff (Allen Bradley). Ridgid makes their own tools (I had some early interviews with them a couple of years ago), mostly in the US.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 28, 7:42 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Why doesnt Ridgid put Made in USA on those tools, they would sell alot more, when I pick up my old PC stuff with a made in USA sticker I get pride out of seeing it, and sadnness everything is a chinese ricer today.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 27, 1:43 pm, "The Post Quartermaster"

I just go by figuring everything isnt made in the US anymore, PCs battery line at Lowes just felt to cheap and flimsy for me to want a new PC tool, the circular saw was so light it could actualy flex in my hand and the drill didnt feel solid. Im happy with my Ridgid stuff and I work it hard and no complaints so far.
Add pictures here
✖

PC has become Black & Decker's line of "better" home tools (if you want real junk, it has B&D's name on it). It is junk. Dewalt is their "professional" line; much better, some very good, IMO.
Add pictures here
✖