I put new hinges on a cabinet door and now something is squeaking

Last week I put some new self-closing hinges on a cabinet door. The old hinges had lost their self-closing ability.
The new hinges did not exactly match the size of the old ones. The part of the hinge that attached to the cabinet door was a bit shorter than the corresponding piece on the old hinge. So I had to make new holes in the cabinet door to screw the hinges on. Otherwise, everything was fine, and the door again closed by itself.
Then today, something in a hinge / the hinges / the door itself (not sure which) has started to make a loud noise, kind of a pop or a very short squeak, when I close the cabinet door.
I've tried loosening and tightening all the screws on both of the hinges, but the squeaking persists.
What has happened, and how do I track down and eliminate the source of the noise?

The hinge may be bad, or it might be misaligned because of what you had to do to install them. I would take them back to the store you bought them and have them replace the hinges.