I plunged, I auged, now I'll reckon I'll rent a snake

Page 3 of 3
Mike wrote in message ...

for
can
Someone in this newsgroup told me to try the advice posted when I had a problem similar to your. It worked beautifully, and no more slow running toilet. This is what he told me to do, which I did, using Muriatic Acid. I didn't wear safety glasses, but I did have the window open.
Cheri

Have you tried snaking the vent? The vent is the pipe that comes off the top of your roof. It is used to displace the water that goes into the drain. The vent can be blocked by something as simple as rust buildup or even an unlucky rat.