i Phone cord

Although my wife's iPhone is an engineering marvel, the original OEM charging cables are a POS. If she can get one to last two months, she's lucky. The "pen spring" fix may add a few days to the life.
I have been getting her Belkin replacements which are superior to OEM but that's not saying much...maybe she can get 100 days on one of them.
I Googled for "indestructible iPhone cord" and found a steel wrapped Titan "Fuse Chicken" which I almost ordered until I read the reviews. Most said the cable was indestructible and so strong that the plug breaks off immediately.
So, does anyone know of a cable that lasts even as long as six months?
philo wrote:

Isn't iphone one of those that can use a wireless charger ?
--
Snag

On 02/27/2016 07:51 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

No wireless charger. Only way to do so would be by adding a receiver pack to the back. I suppose Apple did not want to do that in order to keep the phone a slim as possible.
But that gave me an idea: There is such a thing as a docking station and that would of course eliminate the cord.
thank you
On 2/27/2016 10:10 AM, philo wrote:

Amazon shows a dozen wireless chargers I don't know mdel specifics as I don't buy Apple products but none mention the need for adding a back pack.
On 02/27/2016 01:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I think the problem is now solved as my wife agreed to use the cable only when charging overnight.
In the meantime I was informed that Anker makes superior cables so will get that brand the next time I order
500 reviews ...overall rating was five star
On 2/27/16 8:34 AM, philo wrote:

I don't have that problem over numerous cords (one in the car, one next to the bed, one in my office) and numerous phones (mine, wife and two kids). I always grab the cord by the plug itself instead of pulling the cord and that seems to help. Heck I still have an iPhone 4 that I am using as an iPod that uses the OEM cord.
On 02/27/2016 08:31 AM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

She bends it, that's the problem.
I'm going to tell her not to use the cord at all...
except for at the end of the day when she can place in on charge overnight.
On 2/27/2016 9:31 AM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

I agree, grab the plug not the cord.
We have seven or eight Iphone Lightening cords. Some scattered about the house, one in each car and one at work. I can't remember ever breaking one.
Its good that the wall wart hasn't changed since the I3; with upgrades every few years we have a good supply of them.
On 02/27/2016 09:19 AM, John wrote:

It's simply that she bends the cord...
Amazingly when I told her just not to use the cord at all
(except while charing overnight) she agreed!
On 2/27/2016 8:34 AM, philo wrote:

Get her a charger that does not use a cord. Just sit the phone on top of it and magic happens. I think it takes longer though.
Or get her an Android phone.. never had a cord go bad even after a few years. Or is she abusing the cord?
On 02/27/2016 09:22 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yep, she bends it.
philo wrote :

1 Why does she bend it :/ 2 Why does she need it plugged in during the day :-? 3 Buy her an Android, it will last all day and more :-Z
--
John G Sydney.

On 02/27/2016 04:45 PM, John G wrote:

She thought the battery would go dead, so kept it plugged in while using it. The way she holds it causes it to bend.
She took my advice however and has been using it all day without it plugged in and the battery has held up just fine.
So from now on she will just charge it at night and the problem should be solved.
That said: I am absolutely going to try out the Anker brand cords