I need to cut a chain saw

A neighbor told me that to take my 20" bar chainsaw down to a 16" bar, I need to use a chainsaw saw, but when I asked at Home Depot the salesman just backed away from me slowly.
Can anyone help? What should I do?
Thanks
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 23:58:34 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Borrow another chainsaw from a neighbor, to cut the chain on your chainsaw. Then just cut right thru the chain and bar at the same time to be sure everything is exactly the same length. A perfect fit !!! Note: Borrow the saw from the neighbor you like the least. That way you will be better friends after you finish.
Better idea, start going through the garbage and collect cans. Save your money and buy the 16" chainsaw.
P.S. take the plastic off the cigars before smoking them!
How do you come up with this stuff?

I just take stupid posts and turn them 90 degrees...
;-)
djb
--
"You know why men name their penis? Because we wouldn\'t want a total stranger
making all our decisions for us!" -- Ed the Sock
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Dave Balderstone wrote:

This subject was covered a while ago, Dave. Detailed description here:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html
Jeff
P.S. Anyone remember who did the "Unstuck stucco sticker upper stacker stoker" routine? I think it may have been Abbott and Costello...
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
How many chainsaws can a chainsaw saw when a chainsaw sees a saw?
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Sorry, I got that wrong. "How many chains could a chainsaw saw if a chainsaw could saw chains?"
Phil Munro wrote:

Phil Munro wrote:

Depends on whether one is using new or old motor oil in the oiler.
can this be accomplished on a seesaw?

this is Turtle.
Hey , go to Walmart and ask for the Price cutter used on the commercials you see and have that price cutter cut the 20" bar down to a 16" bar and it don't cost nothing for they cut prices and saw bar all the time for nothing. Let us know about the outcome.
TURTLE