I need help in putting in a Drop in Stove

My house is about 20 years old. We now have a drop in stove and wife wants a new one. New one is a Whrilpool WDE350LV

The opening now on my granet counter top is 29 5/8 The Stove product dimensions sheets says the cabinet opening demensions must be 30" The top of the new stove is 30 3/4" The bottom D of the stove reads 29 7/8"

Have I got to cut the granet top bigger? sounds like a job I don't need to do.

I need some advice on this

here is the dimension file

Jack Valance

If you don't have to order it you could buy it, bring it home and see. If it won't fit take it back. Might just be one or two spots that keep it from fitting and maybe you can modify it. Course that will void the warranty.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

I have a drop in range by Whirlpool as well. I had the counter-top done at the same time as the installation of the range so I could have the opening made to specs. If I recall correctly, there was a little play in the dimensions. Not much, but some. If it were me, I would order the range and measure the actual dimensions of the range once it arrived. You MIGHT be able to fit it in. If not, hire someone to open it up. It is not a job for someone without the correct tools and knowledge, such as controlling the dust.

Reply to
Ken

In all the similar appliances I've looked at there have been excellent spec drawings that show all the dimensions, required clearances, etc, available online. From those plus measuring what you have you should be able to figure it out. Don't see how any of us are gonna figure it out for you any better.

If it requires cutting the granite, just call some locals and get a price. No big deal.

Reply to
trader4

Read Jimmie's post and think about it. This is a job for a pro. He has all of the equipment, he has done it before, he will do any necessary clean up , and if he breaks it, he buys it.

Don't modify the cook top. Either cut the granite or buy a different cooktop.

Reply to
gfretwell

The pros put my counters in 2 years ago.. Cabinets were 30" but the cut the top out 28. 5/8 The told me they have to come out remove the top bring in and cut it.. Som britches chargeing me $300.. Surely I can put a blade on my saw and rip it out.... even with the cabinets I'm a damn handy man from way back.

Reply to
Jack Valance