I need an advice

Hello! I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like www.spicyhome.com is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "Usenet alt.home.repair" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance. Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at http://www.spicyhome.com
My advice is that you need to use a real e-mail address if you really want to get a reply.

Put the 2 kids to work, get a six-pack and relax.
od

When you and the family get hungry enough, you'll take any job to tide you over till you can find employment in your field. Same goes for your wife. Sorry to sound harsh but that's the reality of life.
On 4/16/2009 12:38 PM Poobrebet spake thus:

Here's some advice I'll give you for free: FOAD*, spammer!
* Fuck off and die.
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

"I need an advice"? It's no wonder you lost your job as a web designer. Who would hire an illiterate?
Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerd at carolina.rr.com
If you are even remotely serious, a big part of your problem may be gramatical in your application for a job. Your subject line is spelled correctly but is not correct english. That's workable if you are a person where english is a second language but not if your primary aim is to get a job in the USA/Canada with a company that wants bi-linqual but enough care given so at least the *subject* line is correctly formatted.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Poobrebet) wrote in

Welcome!
Consider yourself lucky if you're not a baby boomer. Yes, that's right. You're at an advantage.
"Competition is steep among the 13.2 million Americans currently unemployed, but older job seekers seem to be having an even harder time. And oftentimes, the jobs they do get offered are steep demotions."
"ABC News recently told the story of Ken Karpman, a 45-year-old former equity sales trader who earned $750,000 a year. He now delivers pizza for $7.29 an hour."
Source: http://www.yahoo.com/s/1059161
snipped-for-privacy@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Poobrebet) wrote in

An advice? What are you repairing? What does it go on? Or is it a tool?