i need advice on my deck

i have just purchased a new home with two decks attached. both decks are built with pressure treated fir. i'd like to enlarge both and want to use material to match.
i've used pressure treated fir before, but only in 4 x 4 posts (you know the kind with the little indents where they injected the treatment), i've never used pt 2x4's or 2x6's before, so i went to check them out...i notice there are no little indentations on these sizes...what gives? they seem darker than white wood, but how good will they actually hold up outdoors?
i'd like to have used cedar, but that would mean starting over from scratch...and be very expensive.
any help is appreciated.
jk
Only thing that comes with the dents as you call them are 4X4's , 6X6's , and 8X8'x. All the rest of the line comes looking like regular lumber only it is injected with aresenic to treat it. Make sure you get certified /rated pressure treated and you'll be fine. Don't know where you live but here in MASS, USA they are going to make pressure treated wood as we know it iilegal, because of the aresenic. They are talking about the year 2005 approx. They did a study of all the playgrounds they built in this state for the kids and schools and found that the ground was so comtaminated with aresenic that if they covered a larger area they would be considered Super Fund sites. Nice for the kids to play in huh?

and
is
pressure
USA
because of

study of

found
larger
in
what will be used for framing decks and porches if PT is illegal to purchase?
Not at this time, the article I read in the newpaper mentioned sometime in the next couple of years around 2005. Don't worry they won't be making anyone rip the stuff out if you already have it. I would go with PT framing and use fir or redwood for deck and rails where you come in contact with it.
scribbled: , I thus relpy:

Either a non rotting wood, wood treated with an alternative treatment, or not wood at all, either plastic, or a plastic/wood composite.
--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat

PT won't be illegal, the treatment type will. Manufacturers are already switching to non-arsenic types of pressure treatment.
Jeff
Your absolutely right Jeff, since the first reply I have found that they are using copper instead of arsenic now. I'm sure in ten years they will say copper is as bad as the arsenic lol!

Look at the label. Usually you'll see a number, suchs a .040, for the pressure treating. .040 is direct contact with earth, and common for framing. Decking is often a lower amount.
Jeff