I'm torn....

Yeah, I do nothing too, but it might not be best. Mower is only 7 years old. So is the wacker. I know the wacker wouldn't start with 2 year old gas. New gas fixed that. Three reasons I don't do anything. 1. Lazy. 2. Lazy. 3. I wouldn't mind buying a new mower and whacker because of laziness. I think the best thing to do at the end of the season is run it dry and pour the oiled gas in the weeds, and put the clean gas in the car tank. Then buy new gas for fill ups when the next season begins. But I do nothing because it's worked for 7 years. And I'm lazy.

Same here. I don't think that many months between now and growing season in Spring will do any damage to equipment... at least it didn't to mine.
On 11/28/2012 03:06 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Run it dry.
Jon

My neighbor, the small engine mechanic, says to run it dry.
OTOH- I have a 12[?] yr old Honda that sits in the back yard with piece of tin covering it loosely. It has whatever gas was in it from the last time I ran it. I *might* chop up some leaves with it next week-- but if not, it will have sat from Nov 1 to mid May before I start it up. It took 2 pulls this year, so I guess I'm pushing my luck.
If it doesn't sound like it should in the spring I'll run some K100 in it for a few tanks.
Jim
Would it have killed you to exert a few extra micro-calories and put this in your subject line:
================== Subject: Drain gas from mower or add stabilizer? ================== ?

Insight is a compound word. It comes from within, it cannot be "shared."
On 11/28/2012 6:06 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

I add an appropriate amount of stabil and then run for a short time. Machines always start on the first pull the next season.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Top up with stabilized gas, run a few minutes, shut off fuel valve and let the carb run dry.

I have never in my life stabilized or drained gas from my lawnmower. Just put it away at the end of the season and get it out next season. Put new gas in and it starts up. Pretty much the same with my 2 cycle stuff.