I'm in the wrong business (bedbugs)

Yep. That's why the conservatives and rightwing-nuts will ultimately prevail.

Reply to
HeyBub

The world certainly would have been a better place if your parents didn't breed. It's not too late, you could off yourself now. You hate people so much, it's the only rational thing to do. IOW, you first!

Reply to
krw

The reason we got in "so much trouble" the same reason we're in "so much trouble" with AGW; politics.

You can find your own but here is one history lesson:

krw

If people don't breed, they don't exist. Do you know of another way? Your parents may be wonderful, but if they did not want change your diaper and all the things that go with breeding, you would not exist.

Sorry, but it is not my reading comprehension, it is your screwed up thought process. Your parent bred, much to your chagrin. Oh, wait, maybe I was wrong. You said "smart people." I guess your parents were not smart.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

te:

You want fewer of them (but refuse to be one of those purged).

What''s wrong with the dried up old hags? House fall on your sister?

House fall on your sister?

Reply to
keith

So am I, and I clean like a bachelor.

My house went all summer with only minimal swipes at the kitchen and bathroom, because we had a construction project going in and around the living room. For the most part, the living room and bedrooms went uncleaned (except I washed the sheets in hot water weekly). Nobody died of dirt.

We've both got full-time jobs, and better things to do than keep house like Donna Reed.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Wrong. Yours is a clown car, as was your mother's.

Oh, I'm *SO* sad. The bitch knows how to spell "plonk".

Reply to
krw

Cindy Hamilton wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e20g2000vbn.googlegroups.com:

Reed was a pig. June Cleaver said so :-)

Reply to
Red Green

"h" wrote in news:i69dka$1ld$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

Purely fabricated by the media in kahoots with exterminators association for kickbacks :-)

Red Green

I have previously seen hor "h" thinks that "merely keeping clean" is enough against bedbugs.

Meanwhile, the critters are on a roll with a comeback now that we have had 35 or whatever years of bans, restrictions and ever-increasing regulations on insecticides.

For those who want to DIY - rent portable heaters to heat your rooms (every possibly one in your home) to about 130 F for about an hour.

But first, remove to "safe area" what can't take such heat - such as vinyl records, aerosol cans and propane tanks, and also disconnect everything electrical/electronic. (Electrical/electronic items take 130 F well, as long as they are not being powered or even on "standby".)

Reply to
Don Klipstein

Wrong. Bedbugs have been evolving resistance to pesticides for decades. The US Military reported bedbug resistance to DDT as early as the 1940s and 1950s. In fact, there's been at least three post-DDT pesticides that bedbugs have also evolved resistance to. That's why the EPA is ignoring the right-wing yammering about bringing back DDT: it's pointless. It hasn't worked against bedbugs since shortly after WWII, FFS.

Bedbugs evolve resistance to pesticides through exposure to them. If they had never been exposed in the first place, there'd be no resistance to it. So your premise that bans on pesticides are responsible for pesticide resistance is completely, totally, utterly, wrong.

Reply to
Hell Toupee

You mean the conservative Chinese, Malaysians and Indians?

Face it - you've already lost and you weren't even running on the right track.

RicodJour

How long ago were your knees welded together? Oddly enough I imagine your husband is relieved...

RicodJour

Uh, no. I meant my fecund friends.

Take for example, the controversy over abortion. There are many valid and heartfelt positions on both sides. After careful deliberation, I've come down on the side of a woman's right to choose for the simple reason that it (ultimately) reduces the number of liberals among us. Similar to eating the seed corn.

See "Roe Effect" for a full explanation.

Lost what? The hardest part of the conservative agenda is letting the liberals win every ten-to-fifteen years. We do that so that the folks can be reminded of how horrid things can be without sensible people running things.

Reply to
HeyBub

So, then, DDT is like giving an enema to a corpse: It can't hurt.

Reply to
HeyBub