I'm in the wrong business (bedbugs)

Page 2 of 3

wrote in message > Bedbugs live off

It's /extremely/ difficult to kill those bastards. But carbamates did the job wonderfully.

They can and they do, easily. Believe it or not. They are /very/ tough, and they slide into the tiniest of spaces. A crack the width of a hair is more than enough for them.
You need at least eight-hours of 120-degree heat to kill them. And the huge problem with heat is that, unlike with chemicals, there's no persistency. Any bugs next-door to the heat-attack simply march in, unopposed, once the heat abates.
Environuts are stupid and selfish, plain and simple.
--
Tegger

wrote in message

Do you describe yourself as a a"greenie"?
--
Tegger

h wrote:

All the people on earth, if stacked up like cordwood, would fit in a cubic mile.
At the same population density of Hong Kong (which is making out quite well), the entire population of the earth would fit in West Virginia.
Of course living in West Virginia has its own problems...
No, the Malthusian Doctrine was discredited long ago.
aemeijers wrote:

It's pretty easy and they'll go for it in spades.
You see, there are many good and heartfelt arguments on both sides of the abortion issue. After weighing all the possibilities and permutations, I find myself on the side of the "Right to Choose" crowd.
The consequence that tipped the scale is that abortion reduces the number of progressives in society - similar to eating the seed corn.
See the "Roe Effect" for a full explanation.

I would like to add that bugs have about a snowball's chance in hell of surviving 130 F for 5, especially 10 minutes. Apply 130-plus F heat long enough to get every nook and cranny and the interior of mattresses and boxspings up to 130 or upper 120's F for 10 minutes, and every bug in the whole place is a *Crispy Critter*. With 135 F of blown-in heat, I think that can exterminate the whole place within an hour.

Bedbugs don't go through walls too much. If the walls are ones that are not barriers to bugs, then there is merely a bigger place to exterminate at once.

My experience is that conservatives and rightwing-nuts on average have more rug rats apiece than greenies do. Especially religious conservatives, especially various fundamentalists, like to "be fruitful" and produce lots of offspring. On average, of course.

Don Klipstein wrote:

Yep. That's why the conservatives and rightwing-nuts will ultimately prevail.

You mean the conservative Chinese, Malaysians and Indians?
Face it - you've already lost and you weren't even running on the right track.
RicodJour wrote:

Uh, no. I meant my fecund friends.
Take for example, the controversy over abortion. There are many valid and heartfelt positions on both sides. After careful deliberation, I've come down on the side of a woman's right to choose for the simple reason that it (ultimately) reduces the number of liberals among us. Similar to eating the seed corn.
See "Roe Effect" for a full explanation.

Lost what? The hardest part of the conservative agenda is letting the liberals win every ten-to-fifteen years. We do that so that the folks can be reminded of how horrid things can be without sensible people running things.

The world certainly would have been a better place if your parents didn't breed. It's not too late, you could off yourself now. You hate people so much, it's the only rational thing to do. IOW, you first!

If people don't breed, they don't exist. Do you know of another way? Your parents may be wonderful, but if they did not want change your diaper and all the things that go with breeding, you would not exist.
Sorry, but it is not my reading comprehension, it is your screwed up thought process. Your parent bred, much to your chagrin. Oh, wait, maybe I was wrong. You said "smart people." I guess your parents were not smart.

You want fewer of them (but refuse to be one of those purged).

What''s wrong with the dried up old hags? House fall on your sister?

House fall on your sister?

Wrong. Yours is a clown car, as was your mother's.

Oh, I'm *SO* sad. The bitch knows how to spell "plonk".

How long ago were your knees welded together? Oddly enough I imagine your husband is relieved...

By some of them being where the vacuum cleaner does not go.

By some of them being elsewhere at laundry time.

What about the boxspring? What about headboards, etc.? What about bugs in vacuuming targets at laundry time and in laundry targets at vacuuming time?

Scrubbable and polishable floors are not where most bugs of even most kinds will be in one's home.

Not much of a home's bugs of any kind will be on ceilings or walls, especially walls not having furniture close to them. And monthly cleaning is not going to do in more than just a few bugs.

With only a little difficulty.

Try telling that to even 4-star and max-star hotels in NYC and Toronto.
Fleas are difficult enough without aggressive treatment including chemical treatment of pets. (Flea collars do usually work at least fairly well, provided your pets wear them long enough to poison your home's fleas through a full length of their 5-stage life cycle, only 2 stages of which are parasitizing mammals such as pets.)
Bedbugs are worse by being on their hosts mostly when feeding upon their hosts, and at other times sheltering in places where they shelter. And they are mobile and they can find places to hide. Too many of them will be away from laundering targets at laundry time and too many of them will be away from vacuuming targets at vacuuming time.
Often, to rid a home or even a room of bedbugs, it becomes necessary to make every square inch of surfaces and every cubic inch of space in the whole place unsurvivable by bugs. That often means either fumigating the place with some serious poisonous gas or fumes or spray, or heating the place to a temperature that cooks every bug everywhere in the place.

Purely fabricated by the media in kahoots with exterminators association for kickbacks :-)
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/bedbugs-attack-niketown-21990658

I have previously seen hor "h" thinks that "merely keeping clean" is enough against bedbugs.
Meanwhile, the critters are on a roll with a comeback now that we have had 35 or whatever years of bans, restrictions and ever-increasing regulations on insecticides.
For those who want to DIY - rent portable heaters to heat your rooms (every possibly one in your home) to about 130 F for about an hour.
But first, remove to "safe area" what can't take such heat - such as vinyl records, aerosol cans and propane tanks, and also disconnect everything electrical/electronic. (Electrical/electronic items take 130 F well, as long as they are not being powered or even on "standby".)

On 9/20/2010 8:35 PM, Don Klipstein wrote:

Wrong. Bedbugs have been evolving resistance to pesticides for decades. The US Military reported bedbug resistance to DDT as early as the 1940s and 1950s. In fact, there's been at least three post-DDT pesticides that bedbugs have also evolved resistance to. That's why the EPA is ignoring the right-wing yammering about bringing back DDT: it's pointless. It hasn't worked against bedbugs since shortly after WWII, FFS.
Bedbugs evolve resistance to pesticides through exposure to them. If they had never been exposed in the first place, there'd be no resistance to it. So your premise that bans on pesticides are responsible for pesticide resistance is completely, totally, utterly, wrong.
Hell Toupee wrote:

So, then, DDT is like giving an enema to a corpse: It can't hurt.

David... Did that get rid of the bugs for your friend???? WW