I'm having a wading pool

I'm having a small guinet pool installed at my house and I wanted to make sure the pool guys are not cutting corners. How long should they wait until the plaster after the gunite is installed. I understand there can be problems with the plaster and the gunite adhering to the walls.

Reply to
mferre2257

Follow the contractor's instructions. They want it to come out right, and I don't think they'd want problems.

On pool plaster, they fill it IMMEDIATELY. Mine was looking like it was blistering underwater. I called, and the guy said it was normal. I was apprehensive, but as I had not paid him yet (he was a contractor), I waited the two days as instructed before running Pooolio the Pool robot. All the little mounds of "stuff" vacuumed off perfectly, and it was a fine fine plaster job.

BTW, they started chipping out the old plaster 7AM Monday, and Tuesday at

2PM, I was filling it with water. These guys were amazing. 35,000 Gallon pool.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Sooner the better. Concrete bonds better to the plaster if freshly set, rather than cured.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch