I'm getting worried - electrical work

Page 2 of 2

Limp Arbor wrote:

If you do have to drill the hole (~2"), there's a big honkin' grommet that's supposed to cushion the wires that you'll need also.

Heh.... yeah, too good, too smoove.... watch out for city buses, now....
And, permits can be the trigger for "tax events", ie, a nice big hike, cuz you took the initiaitive to improve yer own house. Could be why they're being so nice.
--
EA

Also surprised that you weren't required to use a licensed electrician. In/about NYC, there's no mercy. But, I understand elsewhere, you can do all the plumbing/electricity yourself, from scratch.
There was a thread some time ago, where other places require work permits if yer gonna *wallpaper* yer g-d house.... you know what DATS all about, eh?
--
EA

> --
> EA

In the suburbs of Pittsburgh you can always do your own electric. You can also do your own plumbing if it is not new construction. If it is a new structure no plumbing work can be done w/o a certified plumber on site. Once you get a CO you can do all your own plumbing work.
Surprisingly in NJ, at least out in the country where I am, you can do your own work. It might be different in Newark or Camden but I don't ever plan on living in either one of those places.
Limp Arbor wrote the following:

In Rockland County, NY, on the Hudson River abutting NJ, you can do your own home improvement, after you get a temporary license to do it. That's not a building permit, but a homeowner license issued after taking a test. Pretty strong labor unions there.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Limp Arbor wrote:

I wouldn't call it living, either.
HeyBub wrote:

Survival training perhaps? I have some relatives in NJ.
TDD