I'm at my whits end trying to remove these basement ceiling tiles

I have a finished basement that was installed by the previous homeowner. I need to have access to the plumbing lines hidden by the ceiling tiles. First off the ceiling was installed so high that when I try to lift the tiles straight up many of them come in contact with furnace duct work, pipes and 2x4s. Second, a lot of the main frames aren't t frames but u frames which also prevent me from lifting them up. The secondary frame work are t frames. I figured there must be a key point somewhere in the ceiling where a tile will easily slide out and the rest would follow. I haven't found it. I can't figure how they installed it. Is there a way to get these tiles out or do I have to cut them out? What am I missing?
On 03/18/2014 05:44 PM, John wrote:

I don't know ...sorry. The ones in my kitchen all just came down by themselves real fast.
philo wrote:

Hi, What was the command you gave them? Did you tell them nice or bark it out?, LOL!
On 03/18/2014 06:22 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I bought my "fixer upper" from a home repair guy. As bad as I am...I had to re-do everything that idiot did.
One day, as we were leaving the house my daughter yelled at me to fix the ceiling in the kitchen. She told me it was going to cave in.
I dropped her off and when I returned home could not open the door to the kitchen...so I went around to the front. The whole thing just came down. When I inspected the damage I noticed that he used tiny eye hooks for the drop ceiling and most of them went into the plaster and never even made it to the lathe.
After I told my daughter she was right...I took a crow bar and gutted the entire kitchen and put in 5/8 " drywall! That stuff is heavy.
John, you must be Lorie's husband
Her alleged email was:
"lorie" <caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85 snipped-for-privacy@example.com
What a coincidence, troll. By the way, it's "wit" not "whit." As in Lorie and John are in the "Witless protection program."
--
Bobby G.

On 03/18/2014 07:23 PM, Robert Green wrote:

I *think* those munged addys are from some home repair forum and not a Usenet account.
On 03/18/2014 07:23 PM, Robert Green wrote:

BTW, "whits" is a word. It means really little things.
On 2014-03-18 6:44 PM, John wrote:

If they are the cheap drop ceiling tiles, just exacto knife it in half and glue it back together. I used to just break the tiles until I started being able to predict when one would break so now I cut it before it can.
On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 22:44:01 +0000, John

If you cut them out, how will you get them back in?

Can you identify the manufacturer? Maybe you can contact them.
On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:44:01 PM UTC-4, John wrote:

It sounds like the frames were installed as the tiles were put in. That is one way to get that high up. Rip it all down and give yourself a lower ceiling. Save on heat and AC.
The posters almost never return for a followup. Most ask inane questions. What's the point? What website would gain anything from doing this?
Sure sounds like some idiot troll, but you're right, maybe futher investigation is required. AFAIAC, when I see a suspiciously stupid post I *always* "test" eply first to see if the return address is similar to Fred, John or Lorie's that indicates some other troll (or content "scraping" website) is behind it.
In a group like AHR with Mr. Baseball Bat and several other notorious nym-shifting trolls always eager to avoid getting twit-filtered, it's pretty easy to conclude the "example.com" trolls are just another variant of the species.
--
Bobby G.