I love a good pen

In the space race with Russia, there came a time when the US realized that normal pens would not work in weightlessness.

So, they spent $$$ on R&D and came up with an answer.

Million$ of tax dollar$ later, the Space Pen was used by Astronauts. Now, the general public can buy them.

The Russians came up with a simpler solution.

They used a pencil.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Nice try Steve, Thats one of my favorite urban legend's. In actuality both the russians and americans used lead pencils. Americans used them during the mecury flights and I think right up to the tragic launch pad fire. Concern was the breaking of the pencils and lead floating around. As well the fire hazzard of wood in pure oxygen - this is what prompted the 0 G pen - a safety issue - not a stupidity issue. This story is readily available on urban legend sites.

Reply to
robson

Hey, I'm bored. I'm waiting on the turkey to cook. What can I say?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Oh yes, american thanksgiving day. Best wishes. How did the joke go - celebrate the american thanksgiving the old fashioned way by inviting your neighbours over for a meal, kill them then take their land.....

Reply to
robson

LOL

I hear ya......

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

hey..Im having a feast for Canadians and Mexicans at my place....

LOL

Reply to
CBHVAC