I like projects and I like wood.

It's a thought. I like projects and I like wood. I'm not artistic enough to make furniture with curves and furniture with only straight lines can be unappealing. And I have enough furniture, and no children that I can make feel guilty if they don't want to inherit and keep the home-crafted furniture I made, so it would just go to strangers.
In addition, they charge a fortune for commercially-made coffins. So it's something I could use. And I could use it for storage until I really need it. But before I thought too much about this, I realized I still had no room for it, not even in the basement, and it would be too big for convenient storage of my junk, until I die.
But some of you guys might enjoy a fancy wordworking project.
Fancy Coffins to Make Yourself (Schiffer Book for Woodworkers) Paperback (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Do It Yourself Coffins for Pets and People: A Schiffer Book for Woodworkers Who Want to Be Buried in Their Work Paperback (Amazon.com product link shortened)

I did see a few years back that some were using them as a coffee table in the living room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

I like.....