I know where to go!

Great wisdom. You only need to hire help every couple years.

.

I've thought for a while now that the best way to beat the price gouging complainers and the lawmakers who listen to them is to setup a business that has outrageous prices on things all the time. No one will come in and purchase anything during normal times but when a disaster hits the outrageous price store will have things in stock. Of course anything that may have an expiration date will have to be rotated in inventory by some means like having another normal price store but the outrageous price store could be used as a distributor until disaster hits then it's ready for walk in business. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

First, hypocrisy gets a bad rap; 85% of gynecologists are men.

Second, whatever someone charges during a disaster has a VERY low probability of affecting me. I will have done the ant thing, leaving the grasshoppers to fend for themselves.

Third, I'm not sure if I HAVE any rights under price-gouging laws. If I did, I certainly wouldn't insist upon them. If I need something from a vendor who has doubled his price, I'll pay it.

Then I'll try to sell the item for double what *I* paid for it!

That's the American Way.

Reply to
HeyBub

In my seven years in San Diego, I scraped my windshield three times.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

No, that's an independent variable. It works--with or without the yield-increasing methods. So you have one set of factors increasing yield and proportionally decreasing nutrition, and another factor partially compensating.

On the other hand, being undernourished and feeling hungry is worse than being undernourished and not feeling hungry.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

We are growing millions acres of a mono culture of genetically altered corn that lives on herbicide that it is bred to ignore, insecticide and chemical fertilizers. The soil has no other function than retaining water and holding the plant up.

Reply to
gfretwell

Ayup. And here in the Bakersfield area..in the 30 yrs Ive lived here..Ive scraped my windshield twice.

And Im 300 miles north of Dago.

Gunner

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

Partially compensating? Not been a farmer long have you?

Being dead is better than the above ..yet its not the optimal is it?

Gunner

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

That seems to be because the plant breeders didn't realize what was happening until recently. They are now breeding nutrients back into the plant strains. There is no indication there is a per acre limit, only that they were ignoring that factor and it got away from them.

Reply to
Larry

Now *THAT'S* funny!

Reply to
krw

Or someone who needed it less got to it first.

Think of hotel rooms in a disaster. You check in and ask the cost. The clerk replies $100/room. Cheap enough so you take one for you and the Misses and another for the kids. It's party time! Well, if it were $200, perhaps you'd have only taken one room and gotten by with the kids in the same room. This leaves a room left for someone else. But lefties would rather the second family sleep in the rain.

Reply to
krw

We're down to 16% unemployment, compared to a high of about 7% under Bush. Yeah, with all this prosperity, I'm not sure I can handle the exhileration.

.

Now *THAT'S* funny!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Real world -- hotel rents room, for whatever price. FEMA or out of town contractors show up and the current occupants are put on the curb. Been there and watched it happen.

Recent case in NYC hotel pressured to put out folk displaced by Sandy to house folk coming to town for the marathon. Despite pressure from city officials hotel owner refused claming a matter of ethics.

Reply to
NotMe

Or the mayor insists on running a race anyway. Government in action. That's why it has to be limited.

They had reservations, which weren't honored in many cases. Yes, it is a matter of ethics.

Reply to
krw